Sweet Dreams Are Made of Green: Two Mouth-Watering Smoothie Bowl RecipesJanuary 30, 2020
Photo by: Courtney Boyd Myers
Let’s face it – smoothies are kind of boring. And most times – they can only be so filling. Slurping up your fruity concoction sometimes just isn’t satisfying enough.
Don’t you think it’s a time for a little upgrade? Smoothie bowls are the way to go!
Smoothie bowls are just as easy to create, but can be so much more satiating. Plus, you can throw in some extra fruits, green veggies, nuts and more on top for that extra crunchy “oooh aaah” sensation.
Today, we have two green-powered smoothie bowl recipes to help keep you full, while also allowing you to indulge!
The Easy Essential
It can be a little hard to get in your daily fruits + veggies, but this recipe will help you get there!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-2 servings of Pure Planet’s Best of Greens (or another green blend)
- 1 banana (1 handful of frozen bananas could work too, use any extras for toppings)
- 1/2 cup – 1 1/2 cup of berries for smoothie mix and toppings (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, whatever works for you)
- 1 handful of chopped kale (remove the large stems)
- 1 handful of spinach
- Flaxseeds or granola (for some fiber)
- Almonds, Coconut shreds, hemp seeds or cacao nibs (for topping)
- Kiwis for topping (for taste)
- 1 – 1/2 cup of almond or coconut milk (you can adjust for your own consistency –> more milk means a more liquidy finish)
- Throw Pure Planet Best of Greens, the banana, half of of your berries, kale, spinach and your milk into a blender. Blend and adjust to your own desired consistency. Add more milk to thin things out if you need.
- Pour out your smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Instagram it and tag us! (Not necessary, but come on, why not?)
The Dessert That’s Not Actually Dessert
What’s the only thing that is better than dessert? A dessert that is actually good for you! If you’re not a green foodie, then this chocolatey-smooth recipe is key to sneak in some vital nutrition.
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 servings of Pure Planet Chocomint Spirulina
- 1/3 – 1 cup of plant-based milk (depending on your desired consistency)
- 1/3 – 1 whole banana (or one handful of bananas)
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter or hazlenut spread
- One handful of chia seeds, cacao nibs, and shredded coconut for topping
- A small handful of spinach (optional)
- Extra cacao powder (optional)
- Throw the Pure Planet product, banana, milk and almond butter/hazulnet spread into a blender. Mix in optional extras.
- Blend until you’re happy with the consistency.
- Pour out your treat in a bowl.
- Top with chia seeds, cacao nibs and shredded coconuts