Photo by: Courtney Boyd Myers
Let’s face it – smoothies are kind of boring. And most times – they can only be so filling. Slurping up your fruity concoction sometimes just isn’t satisfying enough.
Don’t you think it’s a time for a little upgrade? Smoothie bowls are the way to go!
Smoothie bowls are just as easy to create, but can be so much more satiating. Plus, you can throw in some extra fruits, green veggies, nuts and more on top for that extra crunchy “oooh aaah” sensation.
Today, we have two green-powered smoothie bowl recipes to help keep you full, while also allowing you to indulge!
The Easy Essential
It can be a little hard to get in your daily fruits + veggies, but this recipe will help you get there!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-2 servings of Pure Planet’s Best of Greens (or another green blend)
- 1 banana (1 handful of frozen bananas could work too, use any extras for toppings)
- 1/2 cup – 1 1/2 cup of berries for smoothie mix and toppings (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, whatever works for you)
- 1 handful of chopped kale (remove the large stems)
- 1 handful of spinach
- Flaxseeds or granola (for some fiber)
- Almonds, Coconut shreds, hemp seeds or cacao nibs (for topping)
- Kiwis for topping (for taste)
- 1 – 1/2 cup of almond or coconut milk (you can adjust for your own consistency –> more milk means a more liquidy finish)
- Throw Pure Planet Best of Greens, the banana, half of of your berries, kale, spinach and your milk into a blender. Blend and adjust to your own desired consistency. Add more milk to thin things out if you need.
- Pour out your smoothie into a bowl.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Instagram it and tag us! (Not necessary, but come on, why not?)
The Dessert That’s Not Actually Dessert
What’s the only thing that is better than dessert? A dessert that is actually good for you! If you’re not a green foodie, then this chocolatey-smooth recipe is key to sneak in some vital nutrition.
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 servings of Pure Planet Chocomint Spirulina
- 1/3 – 1 cup of plant-based milk (depending on your desired consistency)
- 1/3 – 1 whole banana (or one handful of bananas)
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter or hazlenut spread
- One handful of chia seeds, cacao nibs, and shredded coconut for topping
- A small handful of spinach (optional)
- Extra cacao powder (optional)
- Throw the Pure Planet product, banana, milk and almond butter/hazulnet spread into a blender. Mix in optional extras.
- Blend until you’re happy with the consistency.
- Pour out your treat in a bowl.
- Top with chia seeds, cacao nibs and shredded coconuts
We all know eating veggies promotes good health benefits, but we also know how hard it can be get your daily servings. Maybe you don’t have time to do all the prep work that it takes to eat raw, organic greens every day (let’s be real, who does!?). Or, perhaps you just don’t like the taste of it.
Well, we’re happy if you fall into either on of those camps, because that’s why we’re here. Not only do powdered green blends offer a longer shelf-life, but they are easy to spruce up the flavor for your taste buds.
We know it might be hard to believe so, we took our Best of Greens, with loads of veggies from the garden and sea, like chlorella and kale, and slipped it into a few tasty recipes. We added a few of our superfood products and a bunch of other tasty foods to fulfill even the pickiest of palettes.
Whether you’re a total veg-head or not, these four green smoothie recipes are sure to please.
Okay, full steam ahead!
Avocado, Spirulina, Matcha, Oh my!
Have a hankering for multiple trending plants? Why not try them all at once? This smoothie packs a healthy punch in the best way possible. Soak in the potassium and vitamins, and enjoy the protein and antioxidants from avocado, spirulina, matcha and more.
A FoodCentric Life really hit it out of the park with this recipe. We think our spirulina mix would go perfectly with the vanilla-accented smoothie. If you’re feeling super zesty, mix in our Chocomint Spirulina blend.
By far one of the easiest drinks you will ever create, this hydrating beverage might become your daily go-to. Why lemon? The fruit complements veggies pretty well. That’s why our Best of Greens is available in lemon flavor. Plus, this drink is just as alkalizing as it is refreshing.
- 1 tsp Best of Greens (original flavor)
- Around 8 oz. water (to taste)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Maple, honey or agave syrup (to taste)
- Mint leaves (optional)
*You may also substitute the above for simply Best of Greens (any flavor) and fresh, home-made lemonade. We suggest keeping it organic.
Stir ingredients and serve with ice. You can also blend until smooth.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter Smoothie
Sounds great, right? But you’re thinking…where’s the veggies? Well, the dedicated mommy over at Gimme Some Oven perfected a smoothie so tasty that you’ll forget vegetables were ever in it. (Yes, we promise they’re one of the main ingredients). This is a top favorite among all green smoothie recipes.
Pure Planet Substitutions
Got our goods in your pantry? You’re good to go. Here’s what we would sub in from this recipe:
- 1-2 tsp Best of Greens (unflavored) instead of spinach
- 2-3 tbsp Rice Bran Solubles instead of peanut butter (read more about this product here)
- 1-2 tsp Choco-Mint Spirulina instead of mint leaves and spinach
Berry Good Smoothie
Okay, don’t roll your eyes at us. This smoothie happens to actually be berry good for your health and taste buds. Minimalist Baker incorporates bananas, frozen berries, flax seed (great fiber source), greens and more.
Pure Planet Substitutions
Here’s what we’d be sub in, using our products:
- 1-2 tsp Best of Greens tsps instead of spinach (of course)
- 1 tbsp Rice Bran Solubles instead of peanut butter
- 1.5 tsp Organic Amla Plus instead of frozen berries*
*Whaat? You’ve never heard of the amla berry? Also known as the Indian gooseberry, this fruit packs more vitamin C than a class of orange juice and better absorption when compared to synthetic vitamins.
Keep in Touch
Let us know how your recipes go by tagging us on Instagram.
Stock up on pure + premium blends on PurePlanet.com