We’re pretty obsessed with spirulina. But because of its nature (you know, being from the ocean and all), we can understand why you wouldn’t be as pumped.
What’s more, recipes for these supplements don’t exactly seem self-explanatory. How exactly can algae be incorporated in your kitchen? Well, there are quite a few ways. In fact, we’ll link you a few recipes below. You might already have the essentials needed in your cabinet (that is–if you already have our blends too).
- Encourages detox of heavy metals
- Helps boost energy
- Can support healthy immune system and bodily reaction to inflammation
- Can support weight loss
Why Our Spirulina?
There are a ton of brands out there. So why should you choose ours? Well, as we’re talking about a plant from the sea, you need to ensure the cleanliness of the product. You should also be wary of the sourcing methods. Luckily, we’ve been pure + true since ’92 (since the day we started, baby). With us, you won’t even have to think twice.
What’s more, we have a diverse variety of nature’s sea-based multi-vitamin. Some people like powders–we have two. Some like capsules–so we have that too. Other places might only offer one, but we offer three different varieties:
- Capsules (vegetarian capsules, of course)
- Choco-mint powder, for those who want an extra “yum” factor
Plus, each comes in a variety of sizes. So, whether you’re a tried + true supplement-head needing a hardy amount for daily use or just a casual looky-loo (no judgements here), we have you covered.
Okay, off our soap-box we go. Enough talk, let’s get to the recipes.
4 Easy Recipes
Decadent smoothies are perfect breakfast go-to’s or afternoon pick-me-ups. When you want a sweet treat, try this recipe. We’ve adapted a tasty recipe created by Natural View Market.
What You’ll Need
- Pure Planet Spirulina (Choco-mint powder mix) – 2-3 tsp, according to taste
- Coconut or almond milk – 1 cup
- Banana (cut into pieces) – Add desired amounts of cut pieces
- Cacao nibs – amount desired for garnish or extra taste
- Pure Planet Spirulina (standard) or other mix – 2-3 tsp, according to taste
- Raw Cacao nibs or powder – 2 tbsp
- Peppermint extract or leaves – 1-2 tsp or up to 12 leaves
- Banana (cut into pieces) – Add desired amounts
- Chocolate protein powder if desired – 1 scoop
- Simply throw ingredients in a blender and blend.
When life gives you lemons… mix them with sea algae? That’s not how the saying goes, but we have a feeling you’re going to love this anyway. It’s a drink that will taste just as good as it looks.
Get the details from the Glowing Fridge and check out the stunning photos.
Vegan Ice Cream
Oh yes, we all scream for ice cream. We specialize in superfood blends, not ice cream-creation, so we’ll let the experts take care of this one. We think our Choco-mint mix would be perfect for these two recipes:
“Mermaid” Breakfast bowl
Yes, this blue-green algae can be perfect for breakfast bowls. In fact, it has been dubbed as a “mermaid bowl” due to the pretty colors of the result. But just be mindful, we’re not all Instagram-baddies with aesthetic know-how. If it doesn’t look as appetizing as the carefully-crafted squares on social media, don’t worry.
This recipe has been adapted from Cooking Light.
What You’ll Need
- Pure Planet Spirulina or other mix – 1 tsp
- Coconut or almond milk – 1/4 cup
- Almond yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Small apple (cored and peeled) – Cut in half or a handful of berries
- Set aside about half of the yogurt (about 3 tbsp).
- Blend remaining yogurt with others ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in yogurt that was set aside.
Connect with Us
Have you tried any of these recipes? Tag us on Instagram.
Like what you see? Check out more of our selections.